MUSC runs games and practices on three separate field complexes: the Cheat Lake field complex, the Laurel Point field complex, and the Westover Park. All are located in or near Morgantown, WV.
Directions to Laurel Point Fields:
Google Maps address is 2532 Fairmont Road, Morgantown, WV
- Take I-79 North from I-68, or South from the PA state line or Star City exit
- Take exit 152 - Westover exit, route 19
- At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn onto route 19 South (if coming from the North, turn right; if coming from the South, turn left)
- Move to the left, so you dont turn into the Morgantown Mall (you want to go straight past the Mall entrance)
- Travel 3.5 miles (youll see a small white sign for Henrys Pre-Owned Autos on the right)
- Approximately 2 to 3 tenths of a mile further, after a couple of turns in the road, there will be a short straight bit of road
- Slow down! - on your right, just after a large tree that sticks into the road, you will see a small sign for "MYSA Laurel Point Fields"
- Turn right onto a very bumpy gravel road - take the right fork up the hill
- Keep going up the hill to the fields
- Please watch carefully for the sign for the fields - it is rather small and suddenly appears from behind a tree that sticks out into the road. It is between
Approximately 4.0 miles from the I-79 off-ramp turn.
Directions to Cheat Lake Fields
Find your way to Interstate 68.
Take exit 7 (Pierpont Road), located just to the West of Cheat Lake.
If coming from I68 East (towards Maryland), turn right at the top of the exit ramp.
If coming from I68 West (towards Morgantown), turn left at the top of the exit ramp.
In either case, you are now on route 857 (Cheat Road) heading towards Cheat Lake.
Travel approximately 2.2 miles (if you get to Cheat Lake, you have gone too far!).
Turn right on Tyrone Road. (there is no left turn)
Travel approximately 0.2 miles.
Turn right on Crosby Road. (there is no left turn)
Travel approximately 0.3 miles (youll pass the small Cheat Lake Library on your left).
Crosby dead ends into the school complex.
The fields are located down the hill at the far end of the schools. You can either park in the upper lots (the ones youll first see when you get to the schools) and walkthe short distance down the hill to the fields (this is probably best), or you can take the small road directly in front of the parking lots and drive down thesmall hill at the end to the lower parking lot. However, this lot is rather small and usually full. Please only park in clearly marked parking spaces.
DO NOT PARK ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD LEADING TO THE FIELDS! Any cars parking here will be towed at the owners expense.
DO NOT PARK IN THE IMPERIAL WOODS SUBDIVISION BEHIND THE FIELDS! Any cars parking here will be towed at the owners expense. All cars coming to the Cheat Lake fieldsmust use the Crosby Road entrance and park in the school parking lots.
If you need more specific directions, go to mapquest.com and use 160 Crosby Road, Morgantown, WV, 26508 as the destination address.
Directions to the Westover Park Fields
- From I-79 take exit 152, Westover exit, US 19.
- Turn towards US 19N
- From Westover and downtown Morgantown, go out US 19S through Westover.
- Turn onto Rousch Dr. Between Wedgewood Family Practice and McDonalds.
- Follow Rousch Dr. through the park. Keep to the right.
- You will pass several buildings on your right with several baseball fields behind them
- Past the baseball fields the road will turn to the right and go through an ampitheater or stage area
- This will put you behind the Westover Plaza. Turn to the left and the parking lot will be on an upper lot
- The fields will be on the outfield of the unused baseball field.
Away games are played at the following locations:
Flatwoods, Braxton Co - The Braxton Co. Soccer Complex
From I-79 take exit 67. Turn toward the Days Hotel and follow the road up the hill past the Days Hotel and then curves to the left. You will come to a dead end, turn to the right (follow the airport sign) and the complex is on the right, before the airport.
Belington, Barbour Co - Belington Elementary School
Take Rt. 7 East to Reedsville approx 13 miles. At the intersection with 92 South and the Kingwood Pike, go straight on 92 South. Stay on 92 for approx. 40 miles and the Belington Elementary and Middle Schools will be on the right. The fields are beside the two schools.
Contact person is Blake Williams, 304-621-1707.
Kingwood, Preston Co
The fields are in front of Preston High School. Take Rt 7 to Kingwood. At the intersection of Rt 7 & Rt 26 take 26 south. About 1/3 of a mile High School road will Y to the left, if you miss this one the next road on left will also go to High School. We are not to park in the “Buckwheat Express” bus garage area beside the field. Please park in gravel lots below High School on either side of road. (The field is right there to the left of the parking area.)
Contact person is Beth Noss, 304-290-8435.
Bruceton Mills, Preston Co
Bruceton fields are at Bruceton School - I68 E to exit 23 Bruceton Mills make a left go to 3/10 mile Morgantown St make a left, go about 2/10 of a mile and make a left directly across from the Maple Leaf Motel sign on your right. Follow that straight back to field.
Contact person is Beth Noss, 304-290-8435.
Arthurdale, Preston Co
Valley fields are located at Valley Elementary - take Rt 7 to the 4-way stop in Reedsville and go straight onto Rt 92. follow Rt 92 for 1.2 miles and you will see the school and the fields on the left. GPS 113 Eby School Rd, Reedsville, WV
Contact person is Beth Noss, 304-290-8435.
Taylor County - Knottsville Fields
Take Route 119 South towards Grafton until you come to the intersection of Rt. 119 and Rt. 50 at Four Corners Restaurant. Go STRAIGHT at stoplight and go down the hill.
At the next stoplight, make a LEFT to go over the railroad bridge. Make a LEFT at the end of that bridge (Jerrys Restaurant across street). Follow that road up the hill for three to four miles to McCauley Fields on the left (formerly softball fields).
Bridgeport City Park Fields
From I-79, Exit 121 Meadowbrook Mall
Off exit ramp turn toward Bob Evans (away from Mall) on to Johnson Avenue, Continue on Johnson Ave approx. 1 to 2 miles through a residential area to the schools and athletic complex to the City Park, Turn right on to the city park access road (it is between the Johnson Elementary School and Bridgeport High School) U6 and 8 fields are to the left behind both schools. U12 field is at the back of the high school parking lot. U10 and 14 field are in the park across the bridge. Fields are behind the baseball diamonds.
Bridgeport Rec Complex
From I-79 take Exit 125, Saltwell Rd/Shinnston. From the exit ramp turn left onto Benedum Dr. Go approximately 2.7 miles and turn right on to Forrester Boulevard. The Complex will be on your left past the baseball fields.
Fairmont, Marion Co
Follow I-79 South to Exit 136, Downtown Exit, follow ramp to the right. Turn left at the light on to the Fairmont Gateway Connector. Go straight through both traffic circles. At the second light go staight across the Jefferson Street Bridge, follow through 2 traffic lights. Turn left onto US-19 S/Jackson Street, merging into right lane follow to second traffic light, turn right onto US-250/Cleveland Avenue, Continue to follow US-250 North for approximately 3 miles. The "For Kids Soccer Complex" is on your left.
Take I-79 South to Exit 119 - Clarksburg/Bridgeport - Route 50. Go West (right) on Route 50 (toward Clarksburg). Take the Joyce Street Exit - Route 20
At the end of the exit ramp, take a Left onto Joyce St. (Route 20). Follow Joyce St. to the Hardees, there is a light at this intersection. Go STRAIGHT through the light, the street turns into Buckhannon Pike (Rt. 20). Stay on Buckhannon Pike into Nutter Fort.
You will pass the following on the way to the park:
- Turn off for Rt. 98 on your right (keep going straight)
- Nutter Fort Elementary School on your right (keep going straight)
- Grandma’s House Furniture on your right (keep going straight)
- You will see the park entrance on the LEFT.
Traveling South on I-79 Take Exit 105, turn right toward Jane Lew, and travel approximately 1/2 mile to the intersection of Route 19. Turn left and follow Route 19 South for approximately 7 miles to Jackson’s Mill Road. (The Hickory House Restaurant is a landmark.) Turn right onto Jackson’s Mill Road and go approximately 2.5 miles. After you cross the bridge, the WVU Jackson’s Mill grounds are on your right. The soccer fields are on the left on the airstrip.
Shinnston, Harrison County
Traveling South on I-79, take exit 125, turn right at the end of the exit. In approximately 1/2 mile turn left onto WV-131, W/Saltwell Rd. Once into Shinnston, turn left onto US 19S, S Pike St. In approximately 1.25 miles you will see Lincoln High School. Take the first right immediately past the high school, Co Rte 19/45. The fields are located behind the high school. The U10 field is located on the baseball outfield.